Monday, December 30, 2013

Purple Pumpkin

 here is the sketch from the December challenge at Purple Pumpkin   


      I had a recent photo of my daughter who was a bridesmaid for her friends wedding that I used rather then the three pics in the sketch,  I scrapped some tinted gesso over a vine stencil as in the sketch, I added some tags flowers and ribbon, but the page seemed to heavy on one side, so I continued with the gesso vine around the photo area, the page still didn't seem right  so I added some pearls and leaves over the top of the photo, making it feel more balanced, I was working against the clock as I wanted to photograph the page outside before it got dark, I usually take a long time to complete a page but this was a quick page.

1 comment:

yyam said...

Oh wow. What a beautiful page!
Thanks for joining us at Purple Pumpkin!

P/s: I have my word verification turned off and don't have a problem with spam. Would you consider turning yours off? It would make it so much easier to leave you a comment. Thanks!